Residential burning is subject to the following conditions:
- A permit must be obtained prior to burning
- Natural vegetation only. This includes leaves, clippings, prunings and other yard and garden refuse. No tree stumps or truck wood.
- Only debris from on site may be burned.
- A single pile up to 15 feet in diameter may be burned at one time.
- Provide 30 feet of clearance to other combustibles. Provide 100 feet of clearance to structures.
- Construct a fire break 3 to 5 feet around the pile by removing any light fuels.
- A responsible person must be in attendance while the fire is burning.
- A charged hose or equivalent water supply must be available.
- The permit may be suspended or cancelled by the fire department when deemed necessary for the protection of life, property or air quality.
- No yard debris burning within the urban growth area (city limits)
For more information: